Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ringing in my ear

I know, I should be more present, but my 9 to 5 turned into 8 to 9 lately, and my weekends are, well... I have none. My day consists of "trying" to ignore the superficial chit-chat of my co-workers while trying to maintain a certain degree of sanity. And maybe you're thinking I blog too much about music, the reason's simple, it's the only thing that keeps me sane at work. The CBC radio 3 Podcasts and my amazing itune Library are my salvation.
Also, I saw this amazing movie on sunday, Children of Men. Directed by Alfonso Cuarón and adapted from the novel by PD James, has simply the most extraordinary look of any movie around. It’s twenty years from now, twenty years after the last baby was born and on the day when the youngest person on the planet is murdered, science is powerless, governments are in shambles, and society has dissolved into complete anarchy. The suddenly infertile human race will die out in the next sixty or seventy years. The British government does what it does best and add hysteria and blame in its people. They do it through trapping, caging and dehumanizing immigrants from other, destroyed countries, claiming they are the problem. I'm not going to spoil all the movie here, Go see it for yourself, there's nothing more to be said except that Children of Men is another great achievement from Cuarón. Go see it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog about whatever makes you happy! It's your space, so your say! ;)

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No such thing about blogging to much about one thing. Do yer thing. Hell I re-blogged about Children of Men 3 times :D

Do your thing. If you blog it they will come

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home